Font Sarade - Le Blanc - Viognier - Vaucluse - 2015
is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.
Vin de Pays de Vaucluse
Domain Font Sarade
Soil: argillaceous limestone
Established in 1936, the domain has expanded over the generations.
For ten years, Bernard Burle has managed and successfully developed this winery and ensures delicate control of winemaking.
The Domaine extends across 35 hectares and now offers several appellations:
- 1,25 hectares of Gigondas, where small yields and good soil combine to create dense and complex wines with particularly silky tannins.
- 18 hectares of Vacqueyras, mainly in the north of the domaine, which produce powerful wines with a strong tannic structure.
- 2 hectares of Côtes du Rhône, grown on an exceptionally good terroir which yields exceptionally fine wines.
- 1 hectare of Plan-de-Dieu. A small production that uses galets roulés (round pebbles) to produce spicy wines with a good sense of body.
- 8 hectares of Côtes du Ventoux. The sandy clay of the hilly climes around Aubignan makes for supple, aromatic wines.
- 5 hectares of Vin de Pays.
Le Blanc is a fresh, fragrant wine with citrus and almonds on the nose. The oral commitment is lively, with refreshing juice of white and yellow fruit (by no means ripe Viognier), nuts, fennel and anise associations and a good dose of citrus in the development. Drink young, not too cold.
Harvest: destemming by hand
Wine-making process: direct pressing, settling and low-temperature fermentation (14/16°C).
With sediment stirring. Bottled in the year that it is produced to preserve all its aromas. No wood aging.