Champagne Taittinger - Brut - Comtes de Champagne - Blanc de Blancs - 2006
is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.
Produced in the cellars of the former Saint-Nicaise abbey (13th century) in Reims, Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs receives all the lavish care and attention it needs to reach its peak.
Every bottle of Comtes de Champagne strictly adheres to all of the following to make it such a rare luxury and the connoisseurs choice :
• Made entirely from Chardonnays from only the best vines in the prestigious Côte des Blancs.
• It is only produced when the harvest is of exceptional quality worthy of a vintage year.
• Only the wine from the first press – the Cuvée – is used: a sure guarantee of finesse.
• 5% of the wines used to make it have been aged for 4 months in new oak barrels (a third of which are renewed every year), enhancing the intrinsic qualities and complexities of the final blend.
• Only after slow and patient aging for almost 10 years in the Saint-Nicaise chalk pits (Crayères) does this cuvée of exceptional quality come out into the light.
When Pierre Taittinger first discovered the Champagne region, he was a young liaison officer during the First World War. It was thanks to his passion for wine and gastronomy that he returned several years later and, with his brother-in-law, invested all his energy into the development of the nascent Champagne business.
Since 1932, step by step, Champagne Taittinger has grown and taken its place among the great Champagne houses, imposing with audacity and innovative style particularly influenced by Chardonnay.
Having bought back the family business in the summer of 2006, Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger has surrounded himself with a team that is both young and bound together by a spirit of conquest and continuity. His daughter Vitalie and son Clovis have accompanied him on this adventure.
A pale yellow Champagne with very light, abundant bubbles which rise steadily to form a fine mousse.
Very intense bouquet, opening with notes of pastry cream of great aromatic richness. The finish is accompanied by a few lightly toasted notes.
On the palate, the attack is frank with good tension, good structure and a hint of fruit wood. The mid-palate is smooth and voluptuous, with flavors of ripe fruit such as pink grapefruit. The long, rich, complex finish is accompanied by a pleasant freshness.
The Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2006 is a very expressive champagne offering generosity, volume and complexity. It already offers a very pleasurable drinking, but its structure and richness suggest that it is an interesting champagne to lay down.