2015 Chateau Grand Boise Sainte Victoire Côtes de Provence
  • 2015 Chateau Grand Boise Sainte Victoire Côtes de Provence

2015 Chateau Grand Boise Sainte Victoire Côtes de Provence

is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.

Technical Info

Region: Côtes de Provence

Appellation: Sainte Victoire

Varieties: 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 20% Cinsault

Vintage: 2015

Organic

Estate: 

Château Grand Boise benefits from a very unique terroir, with its high altitude vineyards ranging from 300 m to 650 m alt. at the highest point. 80 parcels, spread over 500 hectares of land, representing 34 hectares of planted vines. 80% of the vines are north facing, planted on clay and limestone soils. The other 20% are south facing and planted on pink marble soils. A troop of 300 sheep, honey bees, horses and chickens, have recently joined the team to contribute to our philosophy of natural farming. To preserve this delicate balance, our vines are certified organic since 2010. This exceptional terroir brings freshness, depth and complexity to our wines.

In an area which is naturally suited to their growth, 77 plots of vines are scattered throughout a very large hillside estate of 500Ha (1200 acres). Here and there they make up small terraces opposite Mount Sainte-Victoire.

Vines have been cultivated there for several centuries. Patiently, in harmony with nature and the woodland surrounding them, men have made and used the tracks to cultivate the vines wherever they gave the best grapes. 

The terroir is that of the new appellation Sainte Victoire, and is an ecosystem known since Roman times for being particularly favourable for growing vines. Within it Chateau Grand Boise is the estate at the highest altitude, with its vines growing from 300m to 640m (1000 to 2000ft) above sea level. The combination of this altitude with good exposure to the sun gives beautifully fresh wines with excellent balance. 

No fertilizer or weedkillers are used.

The known origins of “the Grand’Boise” as a wine estate go back to 1610, which is the date of the earliest title deed discovered. It was in 1879 that the three estates (Grand'Boise, Cabassude et Les Brunets) come together to become one. 

Traditionally family owned, the estate has only changed hands three times throughout its history. 

Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault are carefully selected at ideal maturity and picked early in the morning.

Château Grand Boise Rosé is made from
Direct Press, and entirely fermented in stainless steel tanks. A rigorous temperature controlled vinification preserve aromas and freshness in the wine. Blending and bottling are done in late February.

Tasting Notes:

Delightful and refreshing aromas of crushed berries blended with floral and mineral notes. 2014 vintage offers a very complex wine with a fresh and long finish. Its bouquet is rich, floral, with delicious notes of grapefruit, gooseberries and white pepper.

Wine Enthusiast: 92 pts (2015 vintage)